home projects services contact awards

5.13.2014

Neat, Orderly & One of a Kind



With carefully chosen plantings and ordered geometries the design company of Zaremba & Company has once again created a winning combination.

Asked to create a garden that is neat and organized yet be "one of a kind", the design team came up with a simplistic, elegant, contemporary landscape. Deciding to use right angle shapes and to mass plant with texture and subtle color changes rather than a riotous of color, a sense of calm is created. The designs energy comes in the movement of the plants.............a gently swaying of a mass planting of grasses can animate any design......as well as the water features through out the gardens.

This type of design can be repeated in most any garden setting whether it be traditional or contemporary. Just keep in mind the fundamentals applied in this landscape, straight and right angled planting beds as well as low layers of mass planting. Here boxwood, ornamental grasses, sedums, hostas, ferns.and ajuga were used to create this setting.









If you would like to add a more Classical feel to your garden please contact me for further information at mwhite841@verizon.net

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Maryanne.
    This is my kind of styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny with age and wisdom our tastes in certain things take a 360 at times. Looking forward to your garden's grand reveal, and how you solve the hydrangea dilemma.

      Delete
  2. I can totally appreciate this in a contemporary setting Maryann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but have been doing a bit more mass planting designing in a more traditional setting as well. I just finished a craftsman home where we used this concept.Once it is all planted I plan on posting the photos and design.

      Delete
  3. I'm starting to really love this trend of mass plantings in waves or lines. Actually, now that I'm two weeks away form the garden show in my own garden, I'm, wondering if I shouldn't rip it all out and replant along these sensible looks...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! a grand undertaking with very little time left!
      I would love to see photos from the garden show if you care to share them with us.

      Delete
  4. Maryanne! Hello, and thank you for visiting today! I am very excited for the weekend because it will be the first weekend with no rain and warmer temperatures. I can finally get out and work in my gardens! Your photos here inspire and my lovely boxwoods need some attention this year like never before. Our extremely cold winter (-50 at times) burnt our otherwise sturdy Green Velvet boxwoods that have survived 17 years of cold, Minnesota weather. But I look forward to cleaning up and enjoying my garden.

    Enjoy your day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did this last summer and I love it! Simply gorgeous
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete