home projects services contact awards

4.29.2013

the Greening of a Driveway

photos  via carol mullet
Out with the endless expanse of blacktop, the sea of stained cracked concrete, and the rutted out weed infested gravel drive.
In with the green grass & cobblestone guideway, seamlessly connecting to the rest of the landscape

I came across this driveway yesterday by Belgium landscape architect Jan Joris and immediately fell in love with how well it incorporates and does not section one area from another.

If  cobblestone is cost prohibitive in your budget, any number of concrete paver products will work as well , just make sure they are installed on a 6" concrete footing.

5 comments:

  1. Hey love, I'm posting about you this week, hoping to send some of my followers over to see you. I love this post, it makes me long for this vista. In Houston we are very very green but I don't think anyone has an estate with this kind of driveway. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, you are so sweet!!!
      The nice thing about this design is that you really do not need the long vista or driveway, any typical driveway abutting a lawn would work.....although I must admit the vista does add to the "wow" of it!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to use it in a design this year. Its a great way to expand the typical front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful driveway! We are getting driveway pavers installed at our house. Not exactly the same thing, but I much prefer them to solid concrete or asphalt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete